Get Your Home Ready To Sell
The local Real Estate market is hot! It's a great time to sell. But market factors are only part of the equation. To help command the highest price for your home, be sure to prepare your home for the discriminating standards of today's Buyer. Here's a quick reference list of basics that can make a real difference.
1) Optimize landscaping; add low-care trees, plants and flowers. Install landscape lighting.
2) Tidy up existing landscaping. Trim hedges, weed flowerbeds, prune trees and manicure plants.
3) Properly seal cracks in foundation, steps, walkways, walls and patios.
4) Clean and align gutters and downspouts.
5) Eliminate stains from driveway and garage floor, and regularly sweep walks and driveway.
6) Wash and streak-free dry the windows inside and out.
7) Have a professional cleaning service thoroughly clean the home's interior.
8) Refresh the home with new paint on the walls and ceilings, using neutral colors.
9) Repair cracks, holes and damage to drywall and paint.
10) Have damaged windowpanes, moldings and woodwork repaired or replaced.
11) Repair dripping faucets and showerheads. Unclog slow drains.
12) Clean carpets: scrub and shine vinyl, laminate or wood floors.
13) Clean out the fireplace and lay some logs in it.
14) Mend or replace torn screens and clean window tracks.
15) Replace light bulbs with brighter light bulbs.
16) Secure creaking boards or stairs; a squirt of WD40 is great to quiet squeaking doors.
17) Clean appliances inside and out.
18) Replace old toilet seats and shower curtains.
19) Clear cobwebs from corners and doorways.
20) Wash light switches, handrails and doorknobs.